So, I think I bit off more than I can chew…
I have the option at work for going 4 days a week, for 10 hours each shift. The only thing is, the day off would be a Thursday, not a Friday or Monday (which would have been preferable).
Right now, I’m working 5 days a week, for 8 hours each shift but often times have overtime. At most, 10 hours a week.
The problem is that I get overtime and I cannot exceed 12 hours because then it’s going into double time and they’re not down with that. The overtime that I’ve been currently receiving has been my bread and butter because I get time and a half.
Here are the cons:
- Now if I take the four 10 hour shifts, that will drastically decrease my ability to do over time and I most likely will not come to work to do a 2-3 hours of overtime on Thursday (which would be my day off).
- Also, it doesn’t leave me with much flexibility if I have to take a different day off from work, other than Thursday.
- Instead of requesting 8 hours of vacation days off when I need time off, I’ll be forced to use 10 hours.
Here are the pros:
- It would be nice to have a day off but it’s on a Thursday.
- I’m thinking that it may give me a time to catch up on school work but then again, maybe not since I don’t want to cram it all at once.
Anyone have any advice?